To gain confidence in understanding common mental health problems and supporting colleagues/customers on a first aid basis.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing and performance.
- Understand that we all have a mental health and how to build mental resilience.
- Spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues.
- Have the confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress.
- Gain interpersonal skills such as non-judgmental listening.
- Provide help on a first-aid basis.
- What is mental health?
- The impact of a good/poor mental health
- Stigma and discrimination
|Overview of the Symptoms of Poor Mental Health
- What are the symptoms?
- How to differentiate between symptoms.
- How can you spot them in others?
|Understanding Mental Health
- What causes us to have poor mental health?
- The defences we create to deal with emotions
- What can we do to build a better mental health?
- The signs to look for - good or poor mental health
|Digging deeper into the Symptoms and how to Apply First Aid
- Stress and thinking disorders
- Eating disorders
- Self harm
- Personality disorders
- Addiction and alcoholism
- The risk factors
|Supporting Mental Health
- Therapy; CBT, Psychodynamic and others
- Yoga, Meditation and Mindfulness
- Self help to build good mental health
- The impact of physical health on mental health
- What works best for different symptoms
- The boundaries you need to have to help others