To gain an understanding of common mental health illnesses and an awareness of sources of support.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand issues relating to staff mental health.
- Understand what mental health means and that we all have a mental health.
- Understand the impact mental health issues can have on health and performance.
- Spot early signs of mental ill health.
- Signpost someone towards relevant support.
- Advocate for staff mental health awareness.
- What is mental health?
- The impact of a good/poor mental health
|Overview of the Symptoms of Poor Mental Health
- What are the symptoms?
- How to differentiate between symptoms.
- How can you spot them in others?
|Understanding Mental Health
- What causes us to have poor mental health?
- The defences we create to deal with emotions
- What can we do to build a better mental health?
- The signs to look for - good or poor mental health
|An Overview of DIfferent Symptoms
- Addiction and alcoholism
|Supporting Mental Health
- Therapy; CBT, Psychodynamic and others
- Yoga, Meditation and Mindfulness
- Self help to build good mental health
- The impact of physical health on mental health
|What can you do?
- Case studies to highlight how to help others
- What boundaries you need in place
- Transferring learning back to the workplace