This course is designed to help delegates to improve their levels of emotional intelligence and communicate more productively at work.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Put into practice tools for improving emotional intelligence and handling challenging situations
- Understand your triggers, behaviours and responses to others
- Shift into a higher level of self-awareness and personal responsibility
- Understand how to handle conflict and feedback with calm, gratitude and openness
- Emotional Intelligence: what it is and why it matters
- Self-awareness: how do we develop it?
|Self-Awareness - Identifying beliefs
- Learn a simple, proven process for improving self-awareness
- Understand how to identify your perceptions and beliefs about others at work
- See what lies ‘below the surface’ of your reactions
|Getting clear - questionning beliefs
- Learn how to question your thoughts about yourself and others
- Understand the fears that block assertiveness and honesty
- Learn how to assert yourself more calmly: why assertion doesn’t equal aggression
|Handling conflict and confidence
- Interpretations: ‘What someone says vs ‘what you think they say’
- Learning how to handle sensitive/difficult issues
- Taking responsibility vs being a victim; which one do you choose?
- Questions and techniques for handling and resolving conflict situations
|Giving and receiving better feedback
- Criticism: how can we befriend it?
- Receiving feedback: how to take it
- Giving feedback: how to give helpful, useable feedback
- Exploring resources and support to continue your journey to greater self-awareness
- Transferring learning back to the workplace