The overall purpose of the course is to develop the skills and confidence of the delegates to deal more effectively with conflict at work.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Recognise a potential conflict situation.
- Use a range of tools and techniques to be able to handle conflict effectively.
- Handle their own emotions more effectively.
- Manage conflicts amongst team members proactively.
- Introduction to the 8 step approach
|Assess the situation
- Causes and levels of conflict
- Belief/behaviour cycle
- Taking responsibility
|Managing our emotional responses
- Put yourself in the other person's shoes - Perceptual positions
- Know what you want - Where to start
|Choose your approach
- Thomas Kilmann Conflict Mode Indicator part 1
- Thomas Kilmann Conflict Mode Indicator part 2
|Raise the issue
- Creating safety
- Rapport and body language
|Seek to understand before being understood
- What stops us listening
- What happens when we don't
- Top Tips for listening effectively
- Questioning Funnel
|Interest v Positions
- What we want
- Why we want it
|When things go wrong
- Assertive, passive, aggressive behaviour
- Instinctive response
|Managing conflict in your team
- CIPD's Guide to Managing Conflict at work
- Transferring learning back to the workplace