This course is designed to provide delegates with an understanding of how they can create greater value for the business by further developing their commercial awareness, by acting as an entrepreneur within the business and by building upon the core competencies of the business.
At the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Develop a greater understanding of the importance of maintaining a commercial mindset
- Understand the key drivers of value
- Consider the value proposition of the organisation and articulate it to their customers
- Adopt a more entrepreneurial mind-set within the business
- Act as if in business for yourself
- Understand and consider risk and reward
Developing a commercial mind-set
- The skills and attitudes of entrepreneurs
- Getting organised: Where do you spend your time?
- Working on your job rather than in your job
- It’s your business. What would you do differently?
- Value propositions: Is it clear? Is it motivating?
- Building on your core competence
- Value drivers and value destroyers of value
|Risk and reward
- But not at any cost! An introduction to risk
- Types of risk and risk assessment
- Transferring learning back to the workplace