JCR is the UK’s premier racecourse owner, owning prestigious courses such as Aintree, Cheltenham and Epsom. JCR’s racecourses are hosts to some of the world’s most famous races such as the Grand National, Cheltenham Gold Cup and the Derby. In addition, JCR promotes its unique facilities for a range of non racing events.
We have worked with JCR since 2005 on a range of leadership and management development activities. Specifically, we have prepared and delivered a development programme for the MD’s of a number of racecourses to help them to improve their leadership effectiveness and influence. The programme consisted of features such as:
- The MD’s working on a real business / leadership issue through the duration of the programme, for example by developing a new business strategy for their racecourse.
- Our Leadership Jigsaw® which assessed their leadership behaviour, focus and development needs.
- TMS psychometrics to help the MD’s understand their personal leadership style and how they could interact with each other more effectively.
- One to one leadership coaching to help them develop specific skills and resolve particular challenges at their race courses.
- Measurement of the MD’s performance and effectiveness before and after the programme.
What was the impact of our work?
- Improved business results.
- On time delivery of projects and business initiatives.
- MD’s with greater influence and impact both at their racecourse and across Jockey Club Racecourses.
- More effective and productive team working relationships between the racecourse MD’s.
"The programme has made a huge difference in their (the racecourse MD’s) self perception.
Their confidence has increased, they are more positive, they seem to be able to handle difficult
relationships in a much better way".
Lynne Bulmer - Group HR Manager